Welcome to Western Hills!
My name is Grant, and I’m glad you’ve decided to check us out – at least online. Of course, this isn’t the complete picture, so I hope I get to meet you in person when you come visit.
Showing up to church can be intimidating, so let me alleviate some of the apprehension by telling you what to expect when you get here.
* We are a band of misfits. Most of us started following Christ as adults. We’ve got bankers, lawyers, construction workers, mechanics, soccer moms, basketball dads, single parents, college kids, retirees, young, old, white collars, blue collars, and no collars.
* Dress comfortably. The joke around here is this, “We do have a dress code: please wear clothes.” We wear shorts in the summer (some still do in the winter) and scarfs in the winter. Jeans and t-shirts seem to be the favorite. Just come as you are. Clothes aren’t a big deal to us.
* Two worship service times: 9:00 and 10:30 am. Each lasts about an hour and features some incredible contemporary live music, humor, often times some cool stage designs. Both services are the same and are centered around thought-provoking, highly applicable teaching from the Bible. I promise you – you’ll always laugh as well as be challenged.
* We have Connect Groups to help get you…well…connected. We have groups that meet all during the week at various places and times. We always have a few that meet on Sunday mornings as well. We have them for our Children’s Ministry, 5th & 6th graders, Student Ministry (7th-12th grades), as well as adults. Adult Connect Groups cover topics such as finances, parenting, a book of the Bible, or other topics. They are constantly changing.
* Friendly people who hang out in the hallways and like to laugh and drink coffee. (We have great coffee as well, and I’m a coffee snob.)
* A heart to serve our community with no strings attached. You’ll see pretty quick we are serious about being the hands and feet of Jesus to our community.
Of course, there is nothing like seeing this in person! So when you show up, please come up and introduce yourself to me so we can get to know each other. I’d love to meet you.
You’ll see our mantra of love God, live connected, serve all, and multiply another all over the place. It’s how we remember the mission given to us by Jesus. We are continually growing into this kind of church. We would love for you to be a part of it.
Hope to see soon.