What To Expect At Western Hills
My name is Grant and I’m a pastor here at Western Hills. I’m glad you’ve decided to check us out – at least online. Of course, this is just a snapshot. It’s not the complete picture so I hope I get to meet you in person when you come visit. I grew up in a military home – moving 11 times by age 18. I know what it feels like walking into a new place, looking for a place that at least FEELS like home. So trust me when I tell you that Western Hills is a place that I think will FEEL like home. I think you’ll feel that difference within the first 5 minutes of walking in the door.
Here’s some helpful information for you…
* We are a band of misfits. We’ve got bankers, lawyers, construction workers, soccer moms, single moms, retirees, young, old, white collars, blue collars, no collars.
* Our Dress Code: Please wear clothes. Shorts in the summer, scarfs in the winter. Just come as you are. Clothes aren’t a big deal to us.
* Two worship service times (for now!) – 8:30 and 11:00 am – each lasts about an hour.
* Both services are centered on thought-provoking teaching based on the Bible and some incredible live music and stage design.
* 9:45 “Equipping Hour” – we will have rotating elective classes available covering stuff like finances, parenting, and the like.
* Specially designed teaching times for all ages – from birth to 12th grade during the Equipping Time.
* Friendly people who hang out in the hallways.
* A heart to serve our community with no strings attached. You’ll see pretty quick we are serious about being the hands and feet of Jesus to our community.
Of course, this is just a snapshot of who we are. Catch a service or download a message or check out some of our videos that we show during the service. If you’re still a bit cautious – check out my personal blog. Just a warning about my blog – be ready for some serious discussion on Alabama football and the Denver Broncos. Roll Tide.
If you do decide to visit, please come up and introduce yourself to me so we can get to know each other. If you would like more information, you can contact us right here or ask your question in the form below. I’ll make sure we get the right people to get back with you as soon as we can.
You’ll see our mantra of love God, live connected, and serve all all over the place. It’s how we understand our mission – both as individual Christ-followers and as a church. We exist to make disciples who love God, live connected, and serve all. We are growing into this kind of church.
I hope to see you around. And relax, no perfect people go to church here.